Monday, October 3, 2011

My adventures.

Today turned out to be quite an interesting and eventful day. Yesterday (Sunday) I had to go all over town on my scooter and was starting to get low on gas. I realized this morning when I was leaving for school that my gas was pretty low but I figured I could get to school then to a gas station after. The second I pulled into the school parking lot my scooter died, I had run out of gas. I parked it and went on to teach the rest of the day. After school I began looking for some friends to see if someone could take me to get some gas, but they had all gone home. I walked a little less than a mile down the road to where some people were sitting on the sidewalk. They were selling gas in soda bottles for $0.75, then I walked back to the school. I filled put the gas in my scooter and began driving to the gas station.

So I was on my way to the gas station and this plastic thing that connects to the carburetor decided to fall off. My scooter got all crazy and I realized that this piece was just hanging there. I ended up pushing my scooter for about 3 blocks and happened to find a car repair shop. They put a screw in the thing for no charge and I was on my way. I finally got the the gas station and filled up my tank. A feeling of relief came over me, I could finally go home, but wait. I had that feeling just a bit too soon. I pulled out of the gas station and started home. The light turned green and I started to drive away when I heard, "Your scooter! Your scooter!" I looked down and gas was flooding out from somewhere near the engine all over the ground. I quick pulled off to the side of the road and there happened to be some motorcycle taxi's nearby. One ran over and quickly began to help me. Another kid pulled up on his scooter, grabbed a butter knife, and began to undo screws. He took the siding off my scooter and found the gas line had come off from the gas take. He fixed that, again for no charge, and I started on my way home again. While on my way home I was just waiting for something else to happen and then it did... I got home. That is my afternoon so far. I hope you had a good time reading and enjoying my frustrating afternoon. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment