Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My last days in Guatemala



Well the last week has been very eventful.  This is kinda scattered, but is a quick overview of my last week.  Last Wednesday I passed my level B test and am now studying level C.  I have been learning so much and am able to speak much more now.  On Thursday I went on a free tour through the school to a macadamia nut farm.  After that tour me and some friends when on a 75 cent tour of a museum and ruins at an old catholic church.  Saturday I took a 3 hour bus ride to Panajachel where I took a boat tour on lake Atitlan to San Marcos, San Pedro, Santiago and San Antonio.  They tours here are so cheap so I have been able to see a few sights.  Sunday I attended Vida Real Church for the last time.  After my first weekend there the pastor knew me by name, and the church is not small.  I only attended the church 4 times, but after the service the pastor pulled me aside and prayed for me in English.  When he finished the other pastor came over and prayed for me in Spanish.  He set me up with their churches adopt a missionary program where they will add me to their churches prayer list and pray for me throughout my whole trip.  He even offered his house as a place to stay if I ever come back to the country.

After only 5 weeks here I have seen God do amazing things.  He has allowed me to stay healthy and see different sights here in Guatemala.  He has allowed me to help out a medical team by translating and helping the people here.  I thought I would only be in school here and not doing any missions work.  He has also built and incredible relationship with a church and a pastor.  I told each of the pastors sunday that, "I now have a church in Guatemala."  I felt like I had been at that church for so long.  The people were welcoming and I had met so many of them.  I am sad to leave Guatemala but I am so excited to see what God has in store in the Dominican Republic.  Thank you all for your prayers and I will write you next from the DR.

No comments:

Post a Comment