Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Translating

Last Sunday I woke up in time to get some breakfast and head to church. I walked to the local coffee shop where I ran into three other students from the school that were going to the same church. When we arrived at the church some other students came over and mentioned that there was a medical missions team in town and needed translators. I expressed that I had only been here for two weeks and wouldn't be able to do it but they insisted that I go. When we arrived at the school where the team had set up their clinic, I was paired with a lady who was giving out glasses. I ended up translating for this lady and giving people glasses for 4 hours. I was blown away by some of the people and the joy that they had because they could now see clearly. There was one child that really touched my heart. We gave a pair of glasses to an 8 year old boy, and I asked if he could see or if it was still blurry. With the biggest smile on his face he told me in Spanish, "I can see the words!" He was so happy to be able to see clearly. Something as simple as giving him glasses has now changed his life, and something that may not have been possible without people from Georgia who wanted to make a difference in Antigua. I know that God is doing amazing things in the world through His church, and I am amazed at how I can be used in His plan. It is unreal what God is able to do when you open yourself up to His leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment