Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Adventures

Over the last few weeks a few new adventures and ministries have come up.  About two weeks ago we received a shipment of 6,000 Bibles and 4,000 backpacks from Biblica Publishing.  4,000 of the Bibles are sports New Testaments with testimonies from different athletes.  Albert Pujols, first baseman for the Angels, is probably the biggest baseball player to come out of the Dominican Republic. He is on the cover and his testimony inside. Now we have the task of distributing these Bibles to different churches and at different events.  Within the last few weeks we have added two more short-term teams from the US that will be coming this month.  We have a team from Florida that will be coming and doing sports camps! What a perfect way to reach children and give out sports Bibles and backpacks.  I am actually going to talk with Mitch (the missionary I am working with) right now to figure out ways we can distribute these Bibles.  Our main goal is to get God's Word into the hands of the people that need Him!

The second thing that has come up is that I have been asked to work with some kids and do baseball every Saturday.  My church has a children's ministry at an apartment complex.  They have something planned for them each weekend and now we will be starting baseball.  One of the kids came up to me yesterday and said, "Are you going to be practicing with us?" I responded, "Yes." He said, "Well what is our team name going to be?"  He ended up walking away and giving me a huge high five!  The kids here love baseball and that is such an awesome way to show the love of God.

Prayer requests are:
1) Pray for the travel and ministries of each team that is coming down this month.
2) Pray that these Bibles get into the hands of people that need God's Word.
3) Pray for strength and guidance as God continues to work in my life here and as I look toward the future.
4) Pray for this new baseball ministry that I have agreed to take in my already busy schedule.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. It means so much to me. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like really cool witnessing tools. I pray the kids will have an open heart to the love of God.

    ReplyDelete